Urology at IGMH
Urology and Andrology is the branch of medicine that deals with the medical and surgical diseases of the female and male urinary track system and the male reproductive system. These include diseases of the kidneys, adrenal glands. ureters, urinary bladder, urethra and the male reproductive organs.
nage our patients during pre-operative and post-operative periods and while our patients are admitted for conservative management at In-Patient Department. We offer both conservative and surgical care in matters related to the urinary system and male genital system. One area of special interest within the department is genitor-urinary tract infection and kidney diseases. These are extremely common problems, with growing public awareness and a growing array of conservative and non-surgical management options.
Services Offered Through Urology
- Treating genitor-urinary tract infections
- Conservative and Surgical treatment for men with (non-cancerous) enlargement of the prostrate.
- Treatment for common urological problems, such as Lithiasis (the formation of stony concretions in the body (as in the urinary tract or gallbladder) eg. Bladder stones) and anthological problems, like Male Sterility and Sexual Dysfunction.
- KUB x-ray
- Minor surgeries, like ligation of scrotal cyst and major surgeries like nephropyelolithotomy
- Urinary catheterization
Out Patient Services
We have weekly OPD consultations for which prior appointment is required
Main Aim: To provide our service for the patients, who require admission for further conservative and uro-surgical treatment
Patients can be admitted directly from OPD consultation room or after seen by on call Urologist at Emergency Room.
We do admit five category of patients:
- Patients, who require further conservative management
- Patients, who require further investigations to confirm the diagnosis
- Posted cases for surgery gets admitted one day before surgery and those patients, who might have to undergo surgery urgently
- For observation
- Referred patients from Regional and Atoll hospitals
How to make appointments
On every Saturday 50% of appointments available for the next week will be issued, and the remaining appointments will be issued on the day before the OPD. Appointments can be made via phone or in person at the IGMH appointment counter